Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Marcus Goes to Nursery!


Yes, Marcus turned 18 months on May 2, thus beginning his journey in Nursery. I talked to him all morning on his first Sunday to go, telling him what a big boy he was, and that he got to start going to Nursery with Kaia. He kept smiling and in his whispy high-toned voice would say, "Yeah"! There was no fussing that day when I got him dressed in his khaki suit pants, striped collared shirt and clip-on tie, or even when I smeared his hair to the side with a perfect part (who says it's not as fun to dress little boys??). I could tell he was trying to act very grown-up when he climbed right up on the pew, sat next to me during the entire Sacrament Meeting without trying to escape or stand up to look at the people behind us, and for the first time he folded his arms, and closed his eyes for every prayer, loudly exclaiming at the end with arms flying wide open, "AMEN!" When it was time to go to Nursery he held my hand and pulled me down the hall to the Nursery room, not even pausing to look behind him as he let go of my hand and ran in to join the other kids. I had to fight back a tear as I reluctantly trudged back down the hall, already missing my little bud and trying not to think what it will be like when these babies get even bigger and leave mommy in the dust to go to Kindergarten. Then another dreadful thought hit me, "who will get me out of Sunday School now?!"

2 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

awwwh! What a BIG boy!

Kathleen said...

That is so sweet! Grace goes to nursery in a couple weeks legally, but has started to go this past week. Crazy! Although, I do have to admit that Jeff is a little excited about the possibility of going to Priesthood since he has her most weeks. They get so big so fast!
K