Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Lake of Paradise Hill




OK, so that's not it's name even remotely, but we somehow happened upon this older home to rent in one of the most beautiful areas I've ever trodded through! Everyday the kiddos and I head out on our trek around the lake, basking in the California sunshine that seeps through the tall trees lining our journey, peering through the iron gate, at every inlet, to watch the ducks, or wave at the fishermen on small house boats, or just to marvel at the homes whose lawns go right to the water's edge. We pause after 2 miles, when we have looped nearly the entire way around, to walk around the large beckoning swimming pool , whose waters are only separated from the lake's waters by the volleyball court on its sandy beach. (We have to check on it daily, just so we can say"bye-bye swimming pool, we'll come swimming later!") Then the kids play on the adjoining playground, and Kaia runs the rest of the way home. [Note from Kaia and Marcus: "On Saturdays, Daddy comes along, and we get to go really fast! Then we go get donuts from this lady, Judy--it's a good time!]

P.S. (don't get me started on Judy's donuts!!--AMAZING!)--So come visit!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so sad I've sworn off donuts. (At least until the mental image fades.)

grandma ruth said...

I want to come see, really I do, its just that the old argument of "if we do this, we can't do that" always plays into my life...grrrr I want to do it all!!! I miss y'all sooo much! love mom, grandma