
It may have been the most exciting game I've ever watched on TV, and certainly the most exciting game our kids have ever witnessed: Marcus didn't want to come to the table for lunch, crying "I want to watch the football!" And Kaia and Marcus watched in awe as their parents enthusiastically if not quite obnoxiously sang at the top of our lungs our Alma Matre's anthem after every touchdown (which happened about every 3 minutes)! For those of you who missed the game, I am sorry--it was something else!! Yes, I'm still sporting the BYU 't' today in honor of such an astounding victory!
Picture from last Fall, but I thought it was appropriate--we're thinking future Heisman! Another note from Marcus: on Saturday, during the 2nd quarter, Marcus made sure we paused for a 2nd prayer on the food so he could say it--(he loves to pray and it is very cute to watch him with his eyes squinted tightly in concentration and arms also folded tightly across his chest!)--Anyway, when we finished praying, we opened our eyes just in time to see that BYU had somehow recovered the ball on UCLA's 40 yard line, and moments later ran it in for a touchdown--this started the touchdown "rally" to a final 59 points--way to go Marcus!

On Friday, Kaia and I prepared for "Football Saturday" (apparently several great games on the line-up, though the one I really watched was BYU v. UCLA)--by making sugar cookies in the shape of footballs as a surprise for Aaron.

Kaia is a natural in the kitchen--over the past month I've been doing 2-3 cooking activities with her each week and we only speak in Spanish during that hour or so we're working in the kitchen--it's really pushing me to practice my vocab, and Kaia is starting to understand mucho! She is even requesting Mary Poppins in Spanish!
Happy Fall, Happy Football Season!



6 comments:
You are too cute! Football cookies, speaking in Spanish! I love it and I can't believe how grown up Marcus seems.
Come on now, I know you've seen a more exciting game on TV before. I was at your house for USC - Texas for the National championship. Now that was an exciting game! BYU/UCLA was a blowout. Great for a BYU fan, but not nearly as exciting as USC/Texas.
Mike--you got me there! So, let me revise and say it's the most exciting game I've seen this season. Truly, the Texas/USC game for the National Championship with Vince Young was the greatest game ever (for me and Aaron, anyway)!!!
I didn't know that you knew spanish. That is great that you are teaching Kaia. We saw your brother the other day at a tennis match. He told us he was getting his call soon. You will have to let us know where he is going. He is such a nice kid. Oh and he told us a secret about you...
What cute kids! I love that Kaia likes to cook with you.
GO UTES!! Oh wait, I mean Cougars!! Blame it on the new digs. :)
Post a Comment