Just over 3 weeks ago, on a Wednesday morning (March 18), we heard that first sweet cry and saw our beautiful Ellie for the first time at 7:59 a.m.!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We're SMITTEN!
We got to my room and learned the sad news that Kaia and Marcus would not be able to come see us--no children are allowed in the Maternity Ward during cold/flu season--we had to break the news to them as they were en-route to the hospital with Grandma. Kaia was heartbroken--so was I! She picked out this balloon and plant for me and wouldn't let go of them for 2 days until I got to come home and she could give them to me!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Aaron went and took the kids to lunch, and gave them the books I made them (picture books of their stories of when they were in "mommy's tummy" and their births) while Grandma Ruth came in to meet her new grand-daughter.
.jpg)
Aaron insisted on sleeping on the uncomfortable chair both nights I was in the hospital--he wouldn't leave my side--my hero!
.jpg)
Proud Papa!
Kaia and Marcus FINALLY got to meet their baby sister on Friday and we had our inaugural pizza party complete with rootbeer floats and junior mints to welcome Ellie home!
.jpg)
Kaia and Marcus are thrilled to get to go to church with Grandma!


Aaron is entertaining all us ladies (me, my mom, and Tara)
Auntie Tara gets to bond with her new niece by keeping me company downstairs for 3 nights so Aaron can finally get some rest!
.jpg)

.jpg)














8 comments:
Oh my katie kay what a wonderful trip this was... what did i ever do to have a child as wonderful as you?! I love you all so very much I just cry looking at these pictures... I love this sweet Ellie baby, and going to church with Kaia and Marcus... and having Tara and you and I together to love Aaron, kaia and marfus... wish dad could've been there.... and Dal... I loved meeting all of your friends. You look so adorable and these pics are such a memory to me... what a talent you have, kendra! Its so neat to see people's comments too! I love you, can't wait for May! always, mom
I feel like I'm intruding on a family moment here with your mom's sweet comment, love you Mama Ruth!
That is so heart-wrenching that they wouldn't let the kids see you guys! I love that Kaia held onto the balloon and plant until she could give them to you face to face. Such a sweet family you have! Congrats again.
Such a cute little girl. That is sad that the kids weren't able to come to the hospital. I have had all of mine more in the spring and summer months so that was not an issue. Glad you are recovering well from the c-section. I had 4 of them and they are hard to recover when they say don't lift anything. Yeah right! Your family is so cute. Glad your mom and sis could be there for you, what a fun bonding moment for all of you.
What a beautiful little baby girl! She's so precious. I can't believe how grown up your older two kiddos look. Where does the time go? I'm so glad your mom and Tara got to come stay. :)
Oh she is so sweet! You look great Kendra and I am so glad every thing went well and you were surrounded by your family!
Congratulations on such a beautiful family!! I love what you named her...Ellie is our girl name if ever we are blessed with a baby girl!! Have a wonderful week!
She is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I've had so much fun playing with all of you this week. Move to UT!! :) I miss y'all so much...these babies need their AUNTIE! :) Don't worry, I've taught them to say such things at very pertinent moments. I love you all! Baby Ellie is a GORGEOUS LADY...she has the sweetest spirit...I'm so excited to have her in our family. We need a little more "color" in the family pics...blonde and brown and now red! :)
The story about Kaia's plant and balloon was very cute. She's such a good little girl. =)
Post a Comment