Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Marcus turned 2!!


We're backtracking a bit, but November was a very fun-filled, multi-faceted, busy, busy, month for us. And it all started as we celebrated Marcus' 2nd Birthday on November 2! How can my baby be 2?! All he wanted for his birthday was a "birthday party" so that's what he got (as well as a shiny red tricycle). What can I say about my little boy? He is such a joy to our family--our family comedian with his little jokes, fun new games/phrases/and antics he comes up with. He's my angel and my peace when things get crazy with his calm, sweet, layed-back nature (gets that from his dad:), my little snuggler, dad's wrestle-mania buddy, Kaia's best friend (anytime you ask either of them who their best bud is, they'll say each other), our little tough guy who is always trying to keep up with his big sister insisting that he is 3 and not 2 (this is an ongoing argument between them:), and my "chocolate chip cookie" (who can resist those big brown eyes?)! One of my favorite things about Marcus is the way he learns--he just takes everything in, silently observing and processing and then selectively saying or doing things that knock our socks off! One of my favorite Marcus-moments happened a few weeks ago after FHE: we were asking Kaia who the prophet is; she said President Monson, and we proceeded to ask her who his counselors are: surprisingly she answered President Uchtdorf first, although she absolutely adores President Eyring (she thinks he looks like grandpa); anyway, she was struggling for President Eyring's name and Marcus was consumed by a toy car on the floor, seemingly not listening to our conversation, when suddenly his head shot up and he proudly proclaimed, "President Eyring!"


There is a Christmas-tree commercial here with a little brown-haired, brown-eyed boy walking through Christmas trees with words that are spoken over the background music, and everytime I see it and here these words, I think of Marcus:
"I am traditional

I am magical


I am perfect in your eyes,




. . . and I will always stand tall!"
We love you, Marcus! Happy Birthday, big boy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez! Make me cry why don't you! :) It was so fun to play over Thanksgiving and to see those beautiful babies! Marcus truly is an angel and such a little bug. He has such a gentle spirit about him. I love how close Kaia and him have become...reminds me of other close siblings...hmmm. :) Loves to you all! See you in a few weeks!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Marcus!!! WOW! How quickly they grow up huh? It seems like yesterday we had our baby girls...
Sorry we missed you on Thanksiving...hope to see you next time!!!
Love and miss you tons!

Adam Jensen said...

Happy Bday Marcus, can't believe how big he is!

vangie said...

That's our boy!
Love you all!

Heidi said...

That was so sweet. He is losing his baby look. It's so hard to see them grow up. Happy birthday Marcus!

Michael BE said...

I'm a little late, but happy bday to the big guy. If you're ever in town, we definitely have some wrestling buddies for him!

Mac Family said...

Kendra! Happy Late Birthday to Marcus! I can't believe he's turning 2. My time flies by fast. He looks like a little Aaron. I was so sad to hear you were here during Thanksgiving and I didn't see you! You'll have to tell us next time! I'm sure it was a hectic time. Also just wanted to let you know, my due date is May 16. And we are not finding out the sex, since this will be our final one! I'll talk to you later!