And other end-of-summer fun!
So, the other day Marcus was being a grump to Kaia; he wanted a toy she was playing with, but instead of asking her for it, he simply walked up and hit her on the arm. Aaron and I both saw it and we refuse to have children who hit--(a huge pet peeve for both of us)--so, when our kids are ornery to each other we make them say "I'm sorry" and then give each other a hug and a kiss..jpg)
Side note: (This is pretty hypocritical of me, seeing as I've made fun (in an adoring-kind of way) of my mom for years for making us "kiss and make up"--Tara, Mary, and Angie, you know what I'm talking about!--in college we used to joke, after a "sisterly" spat, "Go make out with your sister" etc. etc.) Now as a mom, however, I know all-to-well the wisdom in making your kids "kiss and make up!" No better way to bring back the peace and end the quarrel! Thanks, mom!
Back to my story: Marcus said "I'm sorry Jaya (Kaia)" and wrapped his arms around her, he then got up on his tip toes to give her a kiss on the cheek . . . Kaia just looked at us with a nervous, disgusted look on her face and said, "Marcus kissed me, but he didn't!" Marcus has begun doing a reverse-kiss where he begins with his mouth open and ends in a pucker. He got Aaron with one the other day, and it's our new family phrase: "Marcus kissed me, but he didn't!".jpg)
.jpg)
This was our backyard swimming pool--hours of family fun!
Pears!
.jpg)
This was my first very own canning project--I had some ladies over from the ward and we did pears! It was so much fun, a "California dream come true!" Can't wait to do peaches, etc. next year!
The kids navigated our way through the giant Sequoias!

We visited Sequoia National Park and saw the General Grant (they name the biggest sequoias after generals!) These trees are huge, beautiful, and truly awe-some!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The General Grant is also known as the World's Largest Christmas Tree.


We went to the zoo a couple weeks ago--I loved this shot of the kids looking at the tiger!
.jpg)
Ahh, Sunday! A day of rest! After church one Sunday, we turned on a "Jesus video" for the kids while we got dinner ready, and we walked in to find two little angels "just relaxin" as they leaned into each other. Ahh, the sweet moments! (Just now, I was showing Kaia these pictures, and I asked her what Kaia and Marcus were doing in each one--when she saw this one she said, "they're thinking about Heavenly Father.")



4 comments:
SO CUTE! What fun family activities and I love the stories! I can't believe how big Marcus is getting! Crazy! You guys are so cute and I'm SO GLAD I got to see you the other night! I miss you! Love you!
What a fun summer! I love the pool pictures. :) Aren't the trees amazing! Krynn and I did a road trip to CA last summer and we saw the sequoias. Very cool.
Wow so much to comment on. I love how big Marcus is getting. He is so cute. That tree was amazing. I can't believe how big it is! I love the idea of putting the slide in the pool. That is a fun way to cool down!
I can't believe how big they are - didn't I just see y'all 2 months ago?! My goodness! Also, love that you're already using the "makeout with your sibling" tactics...little Ruth. :) I bet you're also saying, "Don't be Laman and Lemuels...where are my Nephi's?" Oh the memories! Also, also, we HAVE to go to the National Park next time we're there...looks amazing! Lots of love! Miss y'all too much!
Post a Comment